Friday 15 August 2014

Pencil Box

A couple of weeks ago I showed you a couple of sneaks photos of samples made using my new stamps. Today I can show you some more photos of one of those samples. 


I began by painting the bottom section of the box using Green Olives, Guacamole, Hey Pesto and Hyde Park


On the inside I added a layer of crackle glaze and then a layer of Nougat. 


I did the same with the lid, this time using Space Cadet, Sky, Antarctic and Inky Pool


Again on the inside I added a crackle layer. 


I then cut a piece of tissue paper to fit the lid, and stamped it with my new birds stamp. 


This was glued inside the lid. 


 Next I put an elastic band around the box to hold the two pieces tight together. I then stamped the fence all around the box. 


I painted the fence with Autumn Fire, Mocha Mousse, Cinnamon,Brown Shed and Haystack. I also cut some tissue to fit in the base of the box, this was stamped with script. 


I painted some more tissue with greens, and another section with blues and spots of Very Berry. I also painted some tissue with yellows and oranges. I then stamped flowers and leaves , lots of them, I then fussy cut these out. 


I added the flowers and leaves using matte medium, overlapping them slightly. 


once they were all dry i decided to give the whole thing a couple of coats of gloss glaze, this makes the flowers look lovely. 

I then screwed the hinges back on


It's a nifty little box, perfect for my fountain pen.


One last pic of the front. I am so happy with this project. 


I will be back soon with more samples. 

These stamps are available at your favourite PaperArtsy retailer. 

Darcy x

9 comments:

  1. just love those birds, and the flowers on the lid look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be happy because it is really fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic Darcy, love how you have used the tissue paper:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful Darcy, love the birds and the fencing surrounding the flowers looks fab! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and the flowers are stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous, Darcy, I love how the fencing runs around the box!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wonderful, I love this box with your new stamps, great and so lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete