Thursday 5 March 2015

New Stamps. Solomon Grundy

Good morning, here I have another sample for the Hot Picks collection. i began by putting all the month stamps onto an acrylic block, mixing up the font sizes. 


These come from HPXT 06. 


I stamped them all over a sheet of tissue paper, when you are doing this just go ahead an do a whole sheet while you have the stamps set up. It will come in handy for other projects. 


I glued my stamped tissue to a tall skinny piece of heavy smoothy. 


I then blended on the new limited edition paints. I used Tangerine Twist, Banana, Southern Skies


Next I stenciled using Snowflake. 


I went over the stencilling with watery Beach Hut, then using various sizes of lids I added circles of Little Black Dress. 


Followed by lines of black using a credit card, and some larger circles in Snowflake, I also used a line stamp from ESN10, just at the edges.  I totally love this background. 


When I hear the days of the week I always think of this ancient nursery rhyme about Solomon Grundy.. Poor guy, he didn't have a great week. I printed this out and cut out the lines and mounted the name on card painted with Bougainvillea and the rest onto black card. 


Then I stamped the days of the week  from HPXT08 onto painted card. 


I mounted these onto white card. 


I glued on the lines from the nursery rhyme.. 



Then I added the days of the week, in alternating colours. 




Here it is all done.. I really like this. it's fun and funky. 


Have a go at creating your own patterned tissue paper to use as a base layer.. and don't be afraid to use these fabulous bold new colours. 

Darcy x

13 comments:

  1. Darcy, remind me what tissue paper you use and what inks. I'm not a great stamper or devotee of inks. But could do with one that dries permanently so that I can apply other media.

    I have a theme brewing and need to make my own stamps so your technical advice would be very welcome.

    Thanks

    Hilary

    Ps I use lots of tissue in my work already, but tend to use reclyed packaging tissue on which I mono print. I love it but it has its challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Darcy!! I love the colours and the stamping on the tissue is fabulous. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant use of these stamps, love the background too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabtastic Tag Darcy, love the colours you used. Stamping on tissue for backgrounds is a technique i have come to really enjoy:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that rhyme--I wonder how many people do--as a kid I was always fascinate and kine of scared when I read it. Fun idea to use the poem--like your colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember that rhyme--I wonder how many people do--as a kid I was always fascinated and kind of scared when I read it. Fun idea to use the poem--like your colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great way to use this stamp set, thank you Darcy for this fun and brilliant creation and all the ideas!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work Darcy - I love how you have used the stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Darcy I love this!! Thanks for the fabulous step by step. This is very inspiring! A great idea for my granddaughters birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to add that I love love love those layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's gorgeous, I love the background.

    ReplyDelete