Tuesday 26 January 2016

Art Rings

Here is embossed card number 3. I started by embossing using this scratchy stamp from PaperArtsy EEV02, I added the WOW powder in diagonal sweeps, using Chocolate Caramel Pearl, Parma Violet and Frozen. 


I then added more Chocolate Caramel Pearl around the edges. 


mmm how yummy is that.. 


I then covered a piece of card  with parma Violet embossing powder and heat set it. once cool I stamped this circle  image on top. EEG15 The circles were them embossed with Ebony. You have to work quick and not overheat the top layer because of course you are remelting the bottom layer, heat too long and they will bleed into each other. 


Once cool I cut them out, leaving just these two-coloured rings. 


See how you get the sheen from both colours. it makes ita bit more special, rather than paint or ink in the background. 


The text is done with WOW Ebony over Ice Blue paint. 


Here is everything layered up. 


I love this, I think it is my fave of the three. 


I hope those three cards have given you some ideas of how you can use your embossing powders. 

Darcy x

3 comments:

  1. Cool. Love the colours and abstract look. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Darcy!! yes abstract and modern, love the colours too!! xx

    ReplyDelete