Thursday 14 April 2016

Flutter-nib

A new family of winged insects has been discovered, stylishly adorned with pearls and gilding they flit around the flowers . 

This is a  piece of crackling and embossing and measures  is 4x4 inches. 


My small frilly flowers were stamped over Orange Blossom ink


and then shaded with more Orange Blossom and Red Geranium. 


For this project I used 3 flowers. I added liquid pearls and small buttons. Two are glued on flat while the third flower is raised up. 


Onto smoothy card I painted more Baltic Blue, then crackle glaze and then Snowflake, all by PaperArtsy. I like to always rub back my crackle to distress it further. 

Once dry I stamped the wings from EDY17. 


Again I added liquid pearls and also an old pen nib, this was rubbed with Ruby Treasure Gold


The word love is from EDY18. I adore how dimensional this is..it really does pay to create different but complimentary layers. 


Darcy x


2 comments: